Health & Safety Precautions
At Naficy Rejuvenation Center the safety of our patients and staff is always our top priority. Although masks are no longer required in many places, face masks are optional in our non-surgical practice and mandatory in our surgery center. Surgery patients are no longer required to provide a negative COVID-19 test prior to their surgery. Patients with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID -19 should contact our office so we can help you reschedule your appointment. As always, we are here to answer any questions and address any concerns or anxieties. We deeply value your trust in our physicians and staff at Naficy Rejuvenation Center!
The CDC has released new masking and social distancing guidelines for vaccinated peoples; however, they do not apply to healthcare settings and we are a Medicare Certified Ambulatory Surgery Center. Therefore we are still following Health & Safety Precautions, including but not limited to requiring a mask for all patients entering our practice, only allowing patients actively receiving treatment into the practice, and requiring COVID-19 Testing of all surgical patients. Please continue reading below for all of our precautions and protocols.
All surgical patients are still required to receive a negative result from a COVID-19 PCR Test taken 3-days prior to thier surgery. Being fully vaccinated does not exempt you from this requirement. Even vaccinated persons can be carriers for COVID-19 and new COVID-19 variants are frequently being discovered that may or may not be resistant to currently available vaccines.
In accordance with Governor Jay Inslee's Travel Advistory for the state of Washington, we are requiring all patients who have recently traveled out of state to quarantine for 14 days upon return prior to coming in for an appointment. We thank you for your cooperation in this as we all work to keep patients, staff, and families healthy during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
**Originally Posted 04/30/2020**
We would like to make you aware of some new Healthy & Safety Precautions that will affect your next visit at our practice.
To encourage social distancing, minimize the number of people patients come into contact with, and reduce the amount of time patients spend within our practice, we will be implementing the following precautions:
- Only patients being treated will be allowed inside the practice. Friends, family, children, and pets will need to wait elsewhere.
- A certified translator, one parent of a minor patient, and ADA service dogs are the only exceptions.
- Patients are required to wear a cloth face cover (does not need to be a medical-grade mask) from home to their appointment, removing it only if necessary for treatment then replacing it as soon as treatment has concluded. The cloth face cover must be a proper barrier that adequately covers the nose and mouth to prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the mask coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice.
- Patients will be asked to wait outside or in the building lobby upon arrival then call/text to check-in.
- Patients will be screened with a no-contact thermometer.
- Anyone with a temperature greater than 99.4 F (37.4 C) will be asked to return home.
- After clearing screening, patients will be escorted directly to their treatment room.
- Upon entering the treatment room, patients will be asked to perform proper hand hygiene, which may include use of an alcohol based hand sanitizer or hand washing.
- Payment & Checkout will be performed in treatment rooms
- Any Allergan Alle, Galderma Aspire, or Naficy Rewards must be redeemed prior to arrival at the practice.
- If not prepared for immediate use at time of Checkout, patients will be asked to use their rewards/points at a subsequent visit. There will be no exceptions.
- This is to ensure our Front Desk staff have limited contact with patients so they are not considered a Close Contact a patient is later discovered to have been COVID-19 positive.
- Patients will be asked to use the building’s restrooms which are frequently cleaned and maintained throughout the day. The internal Naficy restroom will not be in use.
- All surgical patients are still required to receive a negative result from a COVID-19 PCR Test taken 3-days prior to thier surgery. Being fully vaccinated does not exempt you from this requirement. Even vaccinated persons can be carriers for COVID-19 and new COVID-19 variants are frequently being discovered that may or may not be resistant to currently available vaccines.
Additionally, Naficy has implemented or continues to enforce the following policies to ensure patient safety:
- Use of telehealth whenever feasible
- Employees will be required to stay home if:
- They are exhibiting COVID-19 like symptoms, including fever, cough, anosmia, GI symptoms, or shortness of breath.
- They are well but have a family member at home infected with COVID-19.
- They have a temperature greater than 99.4 F (37.4 C)
- Daily, mandatory temperature checks will be performed for all employees.
- Anyone with a temperature greater than 99.4 F (37.4 C) will be asked to return home and self-quarantine.
- All providers and staff working within close proximity of a patient (less than 6 feet) will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including N95 or surgical masks, eye protection/face shield, and gloves during treatments, in accordance with OSHA and CDC guidelines.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol will be placed at the front desk, in each treatment room, and in each work area.
- Cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and high-touch surfaces will be performed following each patient visit.
- Additionally, routine cleaning and disinfection of all frequently touched surfaces throughout the office will be performed.
We miss all of you and cannot wait to catch up on what’s new; however, at this time we must ask for your patience and cooperation by adhering to our policies meant to safeguard you, other patients, our staff, and their families.