Health & Safety Precautions
We are excited that, in addition to our staff getting vaccinated, a lot of our patients have been vaccinated too. However, even if you are fully vaccinated, all of our Health & Safety Precautions still apply, including our mask requirement.
In 2021, we remain dedicated to health and safety and are happy to announce that our surgeons, surgical staff, providers, and support staff are committed to getting the COVID-19 Vaccine to ensure the well-being of our patients, families, and the greater community. In fact, you may have already seen some of our providers posting about their first vaccine dose on their Instagram pages. We hope that this, in addition to our existing Health & Safety Precautions, gives you further peace of mind when you entrust us with your treatments and procedures.
In accordance with Governor Jay Inslee's Travel Advistory for the state of Washington, we are requiring all patients who have recently traveled out of state to quarantine for 14 days upon return prior to coming in for an appointment. We thank you for your cooperation in this as we all work to keep patients, staff, and families healthy during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
**Originally Posted 04/30/2020**
We would like to make you aware of some new Healthy & Safety Precautions that will affect your next visit at our practice.
To encourage social distancing, minimize the number of people patients come into contact with, and reduce the amount of time patients spend within our practice, we will be implementing the following precautions:
- Only patients being treated will be allowed inside the practice. Friends, family, children, and pets will need to wait elsewhere.
- A certified translator, one parent of a minor patient, and ADA service dogs are the only exceptions.
- Patients are required to wear a cloth face cover (does not need to be a medical-grade mask) from home to their appointment, removing it only if necessary for treatment then replacing it as soon as treatment has concluded. The cloth face cover must be a proper barrier that adequately covers the nose and mouth to prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the mask coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice.
- Patients will be asked to wait outside or in the building lobby upon arrival then call/text to check-in.
- Patients will be screened with a no-contact thermometer.
- Anyone with a temperature greater than 99.4 F (37.4 C) will be asked to return home.
- After clearing screening, patients will be escorted directly to their treatment room.
- Upon entering the treatment room, patients will be asked to perform proper hand hygiene, which may include use of an alcohol based hand sanitizer or hand washing.
- Payment & Checkout will be performed in treatment rooms
- Any Brilliant Distinctions, Aspire, or Naficy Rewards must be redeemed prior to arrival at the practice.
- If not prepared for immediate use at time of Checkout, patients will be asked to use their rewards/points at a subsequent visit. There will be no exceptions.
- Patients will be asked to use the building’s restrooms which are frequently cleaned and maintained throughout the day. The internal Naficy restroom will not be in use.
Additionally, Naficy has implemented or continues to enforce the following policies to ensure patient safety:
- Use of telehealth whenever feasible
- Employees will be required to stay home if:
- They are exhibiting COVID-19 like symptoms, including fever, cough, anosmia, GI symptoms, or shortness of breath.
- They are well but have a family member at home infected with COVID-19.
- They have a temperature greater than 99.4 F (37.4 C)
- Daily, mandatory temperature checks will be performed for all employees.
- Anyone with a temperature greater than 99.4 F (37.4 C) will be asked to return home and self-quarantine.
- All providers and staff working within close proximity of a patient (less than 6 feet) will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including N95 or surgical masks, eye protection/face shield, and gloves during treatments, in accordance with OSHA and CDC guidelines.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol will be placed at the front desk, in each treatment room, and in each work area.
- Cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and high-touch surfaces will be performed following each patient visit.
- Additionally, routine cleaning and disinfection of all frequently touched surfaces throughout the office will be performed.
We miss all of you and cannot wait to catch up on what’s new; however, at this time we must ask for your patience and cooperation by adhering to our new policies meant to safeguard you, other patients, our staff, and their families.