5 Ways to Improve Your Smile
5 Ways to Improve Your Smile!
“A smile is the best makeup a girl could wear” - Marilyn Monroe
When it comes to enhancing the natural beauty within patients’ faces, my favorite area to treat is the lips! No two smiles are the same, which is both a wonderful concept and a potentially frustrating one for patients. Because your lips and smile are so uniquely intertwined with the other features of your face, it’s important that you receive a treatment plan that is specific to you. With that in mind, here are five ways you can improve your smile with the help of Botox and dermal fillers.
- Turn your pout inside out: By simply turning up the corners of your mouth, you can subtly improve any “frowny” qualities in your smile. We have a muscle below the corners of our mouth that enables us to frown (appropriately known as a “depressor” muscle). By relaxing this muscle using Botox, we’re able to lift the corners of the mouth. Similarly, we can use filler to add volume to the corners of the mouth, helping lift and anchor your smile.
- Reduce lip lines: Lines around your mouth can be caused by a variety of factors, including sun damage, natural aging, pursed lips when speaking, puckering and sipping through straws. We use filler to re-expand your facial tissue, smoothly previously visible lines and creases for a smooth, even look.
- Plump it up: All fiiller placed inside the lips contains hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring sugar found inside the body. It can be found in the body tissues of your cartilage and skin, and is used to lubricate joints and hydrate your skin. When we put it to use in your lips, it creates a natural plumping effect while softening and hydrating your lips.
- Sit back and relax (your smile): Many patients complain that their smile is a bit too “gummy.” By injecting a small amount of Botox into the muscles above your lips, we relax the muscle that pulls the lips up above the gums, naturally decreasing the exposure of your gums.
- Give your pucker a little more pop: We inject Botox into the “cupid’s bow” of your lip (the v-shaped area in the middle of your upper lip), releasing the muscle that allows the top of your lip to curl upward. This reveals more of the natural pink of your lips and results in a more pronounced and “puckered” upper lip.
No matter the shape or size of your smile, there are many options for maximizing the beauty of your natural features. If you’re interested in any of the above techniques, or simply want to discuss how we can create a tailored treatment that improves your smile, book a consultation today!